Monday, May 7, 2012

Mobile Wallets??

REALLY?  Mastercard on my phone? Why, no thank you!  I have very little trust in electronic money, due to my own past issues with Banks (Thank you US Bank and Chase, and fuck you both with a ten foot pole..)

See, the thing about electronic money is, that's assuming nothing happens to it. It is in a computer system.  Everything we have is in computer systems, from the big banks on down. I read an article recently that a ton of money we sent to China in the form of gold from Fort Knox was fake.  That really makes me feel safe in the American dollar, let alone electronic funds...

The thing is, nothing about money is safe. I don't know that it ever was, but at least at one point we had a legitimate system of this many paper bills = 1 bar of pure gold. During the great depression we printed money and it lost value. Now we don't use bills anymore, (though I still prefer having good old cash as opposed to electronic money..) we use debit cards or worse, credit.

I honestly hate the entire idea of credit. Hey, I'm going to buy this LATER and use it NOW.  Great idea, can you pay for it though? No? Oh look, your credit sucks.  Now, though, what really pisses me off is you have to have credit to get credit. They don't trust you if you don't have credit. It's absurd.

How many people in this country are in debt? How many are poor? A lot.  Is it really a good idea to keep spending money we don't have, and to make it easier to do so? And again, credit is basically fake money.

To each their own, I guess, but personally I dislike it.  Money has grown in power until now it is all people think about, because we have gotten so greedy. I want, I want, I want. You don't have the money, Sally!

Scream, cry, throw a fit. Or, nowadays when you don't have money you can say you do and pretend you do.  Somehow I don't see this ending well.

No comments:

Post a Comment