Saturday, May 19, 2012

Corporate Wars update

So, I have hit 20,000 words as of today :) Kendra has said she will help me with the artwork. At 50,000 words I am going to start a fundraiser on kickstarter.com for it.

Here is the rundown of the costs I'm looking at.

540 for a banner ad on the top of the page of in5d.com, a website Kendra pointed me to. It fits my demographic, so that's not a bad idea. I'm also going to do some CPC (Cost per Click) ads on FB for 3 months. They give you a "daily limit" and a price per click, you get to choose both. I am thinking 10 cents per click, with 10 dollars a day- that's 100 clicks a day.

10 dollars a day times, say, 45 days is 450$. I am also going to self publish 50 actual books. 40 people who donate more than 100$ will get one.

A website for myself as an author will cost 10$. Some costs will go to Kendra for doing art for me and helping with my website.

Anything left over will get funneled into marketing or books.

Here's a rough idea of how the funding will go:

1+ dollars- you get a copy of the ebook.
10+ dollars- you get a mention in the ebook and an ebook
25+ dollars- mention in the ebook, a shout out in my blog, and an ebook
50+- character cameo- your character is seated on a bench or something, and gets a conversation.
100+ gets you a physical book
200+ gets you a physically signed book
300+ maybe custom designed artwork by Kendra
500+ full blown character in my next book
800+ gets you a character in TWO books, a crossover maybe (depending on the stories)
1500+ gets me coming to meet you(in the US) and a photo, meet up, thank you, and if I get famous you have my number :P Hahaha. But seriously, a photo, maybe eat at a restaurant together, and you can come to some awesome event when I'm famous :)

Anything above 250 gets a personal email thank you from me, not copy pasted.
Anything over 500 gets a permanent thank you on my website(in a page dedicated to thanks to people who deserve it)


Again, Corporate Wars is a book set in the future(about 150+ years out) where Corporations own people. In the City the three Corporations are at war with one another, and use people as pawns. If you owe money, they can send you to the Farm for at least a decade. But a Resistance is rising...

^_^ Hey, nothing happens unless you try.

No comments:

Post a Comment