Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Medical Marijuana/Legalize Marijuana

Notes for the reader: Yes, I have smoked before. No, I have never been a "pothead" though I did self-medicate while at the most stressful point of my life to keep me going. (Social anxiety+retail... ouch) No, I have not smoked in over a year, and am not intending to until Aedric is at least done breastfeeding, and I won't do it around him. I don't smoke a lot, period. I don't like being stoned all the time.

Now, first of all, marijuana is not a "gateway drug".  That's blaming a scapegoat, and it's also not a *drug* it's a plant that's gone through a specific drying procedure. I will admit, I don't know how that part works. What I do know though is that it is natural and has been proven to have many, many benefits, and no signs of cancer etc in daily smokers (Up to a joint a day, which is *POTENT*.)

Now, let's get down to business. The war on drugs has thus far this year spent over 15 billion (that's a b... And since we are so used to these dickwads throwing money around, that is $15,500,000,000.00 on the drug war. So. Far. This. Year.  Really???)   The average rate is about 500 dollars a second

Over 626,000 people this year have been arrested for drugs. About one every 19 seconds.

Mind you, that's anything from having a joint to selling one, etc.

An American is arrested for cannabis every 30 seconds. Approximately 89% are arrested for possession only.

Seriously? It's a freaking PLANT, people.  The drug war in Mexico's been raging for 6 years. The drug cartels even kill government officials, along with anyone that pisses them off, basically.


Did you know that between 49 and 70 people were dumped on a highway 75 miles away from Texas, with their heads, hands and feet cut off? They can't give an exact number until they get the bodies sorted out.

That is fucked. up. Marijuana should be legalized. I don't think people should do drugs, or if they do they should be allowed to do them ONLY where they cannot harm other people. Now, let's see some facts, kay?

-Alcohol impairs your vision and your ability to drive, operate machinery, heightens and confuses the emotional state and tends to mae people more aggressive. A *lot* of people die every year because of drunk drivers. How many die because of Marijuana? If ANY, I bet it's so small it's basically not noticeable.
-Cigarettes kill you. We KNOW it. They're legal at 18. They kill people, and make babies weaker upon birth. They're legal.
-Someone who just smoked a bowl will be usually too lazy to leave the house. If they do, they're just wandering to the store and back, and probably not driving.

I'd go on but I'm sure my point is obvious.

I have a suggestion.  Why not end the drug war (since it obviously is not working and is failing horribly) and pump that money into schools so that people know what the drugs do to you? Put the money where your mouth is and educate people.


Legalize Marijauna/Cannabis.
It is not bad for you, it has proven abilities to help with pain, with glaucoma, anxiety, depression, insomnia, anorexia, headaches, etc.


I have smoked it. It is amazing.  I could be having a panic attack, take a couple hits and nothing. Just.... gone.  Not stoned, relaxed.

It boosts creativity, elevates mood, and doesn't hurt people. WTF is wrong with it? Nothing.

If we were to legalize marijauna and same sex marriage, we'd boost the economy beyond measure.

So why doesn't the government want it?

1 comment:

  1. There has never been a death by the ingestion of cannabis. It is literally physically impossible to consume an amount of it that would kill you. If you tried, you would most likely forget what you were doing or pass out before consuming a lethal amount.

    Here's the thing. Marijuana is a plant. The plant is only effective in the form of the ground plant or its byproducts (like hash) and cannot be made into an effective pill. I tried Marinol, it didn't do anything. For these reasons, Big Pharma cannot make a profit off weed. So, it's in their best interest to keep shoveling money into the war on drugs.

    ReplyDelete