Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Intro to Kat

Posting the first in a series of blogs is much like posting an about me on a social networking site. It's like trying to squash yourself into a box that others will understand.  I don't particularly like that idea, though it has its uses assuredly. People love placing others in neat little boxes because it's simpler than getting to understand every facet of them.. Me, I'm more of a global mind. I like to think, and think, and contemplate, and observe. Currently I'm debating how much of myself I should reveal right now.

First thing I will tell you, I will be doing my best to post a blog daily. I may miss a day, simply because I'm homeless and trying to rectify the situation.

I'm not the most social of creatures. Hardly surprising, considering I am posting blogs rather than doing video blogs or being a comedienne.(Ah hah! It's a female!)


A little glimmer of what's in my mind- I'm sitting here in the library beneath all the layers of criss-crossing stares and in a single glance I see at least 4 people walking up or down a different part of the intricate staircase.


In those four people are four totally different lives with multiple layers of thoughts, beliefs, friends, political views, emotional entanglements, troubles and happinesses.


All humans on the planet share 99.999999%(etc) IDENTICAL genetic stuffs. That means that although they all look very different, have different mental and emotional and physical issues, though they are of different ages and have different jobs etc, and think in totally different patterns, they're all practically the same thing. They may despise each other beyond belief, or love each other as deeply as people possibly can.


All sorts of things fascinate me. I'm often caught between deep feelings of disgust toward people, and amazement. The intricate nature of mankind amazes me, yet what people do, say, how they act often disgusts me. I feel alone in a crowd, and claustrophobic all at once. I love people for their potential, and loathe them for their flaws- And note, by that I don't mean their mistakes. Mistakes are mistakes. When you choose to be an asshole to someone for no reason, with no psychological reason in your past to back it up.. It's not right. Arrogance annoys me, though I can be arrogant. I also accept that in the grand scheme of this planet and the universe I am nothing, though.


To me, love is something you can't really explain as simply platonic or familial or romantic. Love is much more than all of that. It's all of it combined. Love is knowing someone for all their strengths and faults, their problems and the reasons why and liking them anyway. It's liking them FOR their faults, for their issues, for their very being itself. It's a hard thing to do, and exhausting when you're hurt by them.  But I think it's worth it.






And yes, I am random. But I think this sums me up more than I expected ^_~ 'Til next time..


-Kat-

No comments:

Post a Comment